[flext] autotools builders - py/ext

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Tue Mar 29 15:34:58 CEST 2011

On 03/26/2011 12:39 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:
> Great!! Many thanks for your efforts! I'll have a look at it on Wednesday.

hi thomas,

i've managed to find an old mac and tested out the buildsys ahead of
wednesday - this is osx/10.4/ppc with macports to get autotools up-to-date.

essentially i get undefined symbols:
---
/usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: Undefined symbols:
_gensym
_pd_forwardmess
_sys_lock
_sys_unlock
_sys_getblksize
_sys_getsr
_value_getfloat
_value_setfloat
_clock_gettimesince
_canvas_getcurrentdir
_open_via_path
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
---

which is obviously trying to reach out (too far) to pd..

now i am quite naive to osx building so here's the workaround that
'worked for me', which is to say that it may be improper in the osx context.

in source/Makefile.am, i removed in the *LDFLAGS* directive
'-no-undefined'.

which builds..

further reading also suggested that '-undefined suppress' should be
replaced by '-undefined dynamic_lookup' to be more correct.. this line
can be found in configure.ac at the 'EXT_LDFLAGS' variable of the Darwin
'uname' testblock.

this seems to come down to slightly different methods in the osx linker,
but as i am quite foreign to this environment i can only go by a
half-hour of internet expertise.

beyond this, when i run the lib in pd i get a stream of messages to the
console:
---
Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x68b074; This could be a double
free(), or free() called with the middle of an allocated block; Try
setting environment variable MallocHelp to see tools to help debug
---
this does not seem to hinder the operation of the lib though.. memoryleak?

i have also successfully ported the same autotools sys to vasp and have
it running now on linux and osx/pd. i'm unable to get my hands on a copy
of max so i wont go there.

if i can get a cygwin box, i'll give it a go.

i hope this helps ahead of your own tests.