[flext] Trying to compile gendy~ as a static library for iOS

Orestis Papadopoulos orjpap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 20:17:39 CEST 2017

Hi Everyone,

     I'm trying to compile gendy~
<https://github.com/ssfrr/gendyflext>as a static library that can be
used in an iOS app (which uses libpd).

The steps I followed in order to compile are:

1. I used the example Xcode project in flext-master

2. Then added to it the gendy~ sourcefiles

3. Created a new target -> cocoa static library

4. Inserted the correct flags (FLEXT_SYS=2 etc) / header search paths etc.

5. Targeted iphone 5 simulator to test

6. Drag 'n' dropped the produced gendy~.a file.

The errors I get when I try to call gendy_tilde_setup() are about 40
errors in the form of:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
   "flext_base_single::m_loadbang()", referenced from:
       vtable for gendy in gendy~.a(gendy~.o)
   "flext_base_single::CbClick()", referenced from:
       vtable for gendy in gendy~.a(gendy~.o)

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Orestis