[flext] Trying to compile gendy~ as a static library for iOS

Orestis Papadopoulos orjpap at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 23:13:53 CEST 2017

> please reply through the flext list (cc'd now).

Sorry for that, this has to be about the first time I'm posting on a
mailing list.

> I am pretty sure flext never has been used on iOS. I can't really tell
> you, which includes are necessary or possible on this platform.

So far it's going well, it works on the iphone simulators and builds
just fine with libpd.

On the device, I get an EXC_ARM_DA_ALIGN error in cas.hpp during this
function call:

return __sync_bool_compare_and_swap_8(reinterpret_cast<volatile long
long*>(addr), old.l, nw.l);

this is probably some architecture specific stuff that I'll have to fix.

> However, i am thankful for pull requests regarding an update for this
> platform.

I'm planning on a pull request as soon as I find a solid, reproducible
process for iOS. So far it's been mostly hacking with your help and
whatever I could find online.

Orestis