[flext] Installing Flext on Mac with Pure Data

16042120 at brookes.ac.uk 16042120 at brookes.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 00:20:25 CEST 2017

Hey there,

I’m trying to get started with developing externals for Pd with flext but am having some trouble with the installation, I don’t really have any idea if it’s working.

I went through the process of building flext on mac, and editing the config file to point towards the pure data application (I’m using vanilla 0.48.0 and have copied the source code to the resources folder of the pure data app too), and finishing up doing the build and install commands.

However after that I’m not really sure how to progress. I end up with a ‘pd_darwin’ folder in the flext directory filled with a load of ‘.opp’ files, and if I try to build one of the tutorial externals I get ‘../build.sh: fork: resource temporarily unavailable’, and nothing will happen.

Have I installed flext correctly or have I missed something out?
Again I just want to use flext to develop my own externals for pure data.

Thanks for your time,
Toby