[flext] Can't run Flext Template example (or any others) in Pd (OSX 10.6.3, Intel)

Nicholas Mariette nmariette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:26:16 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a problem where any Flext object I build fails to run in Pd.  (I'm not testing Max).

Using the latest Flext from:
https://svn.grrrr.org/ext/trunk/flext
I can successfully build the Flext libraries, and I can build the template example that's included.
(I can also build an object using a copy of the Template project with a modified main.cpp, as per the readme.txt - e.g. using the henon.cpp example)

However-
When I try to instantiate any of these objects in Pd, I get an error like this in the Pd console:

/Users/nickm/dev/nm_personal_dev/pd/flext/examples/xcode-template/pd/myext.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/nickm/dev/nm_personal_dev/pd/flext/examples/xcode-template/pd/myext.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: __ZN18flext_obj_single_d8FinalizeEv
  Referenced from: /Users/nickm/dev/nm_personal_dev/pd/flext/examples/xcode-template/pd/myext.pd_darwin
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

 myext
... couldn't create

I am on a Macbookpro Intel, OSX 10.6.3, running Pd 0.42.5.
I built Flext and the template example against the same Pd 0.42.5 sources, and used the libflext-pd_sd.a library I just created.

I'm using the xcode projects, with GCC 4.2.

Can anybody help me get an example running in Pd?

Thanks
Nick