[flext] Using buffer

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 9 16:53:49 CEST 2010

  Hello list,

I'm updating the msd object series and I'm running inside a little
problem...
This object is mainly based on a big template.
Inside it there are many classes and only one of them is a child of the
flext_base class.

The problem is I need to access a pd table within one of these
"non-flext" class.
when I declare a buffer variable I have these errors:
../src/msd.h:181: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘buffer’ with no
type
../src/msd.h:181: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
than I can understand cause I have no buffer type.

If I try to have the class inherit from flext with:
class Link:
public flext_base
{
FLEXT_HEADER(Link,flext_base)
it compiles fine but calling the constructor of this class through pd
makes pd crash.

Do you have any idea of a way to access pd tables in this type of class?
Don't hesitate to ask if you need more details to understand,

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas
--
http://nim.on.free.fr