[flext] undefined symbol

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Sun Sep 26 23:08:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

Probably better to update to current sources from pure-data SVN
repository, but some points in case you still have problems:

On 26/09/10 21:18, Thomas Grill wrote:
> Am 26.09.2010 um 16:14 schrieb Luc Xation:
>> # where do the flext libraries reside?
>> FLEXTPATH=/usr/local/include/flext
>> I suppose it's a version clash of flext headers vs. library.
>> Strange enough i can't de-mangle _ZN17flext_root_singlenwEj to form an
>> explicit C++-symbol.

flext_root_single::operator new(unsigned int)

>> Am 26.09.2010 um 15:43 schrieb Luc Xation:

[snip]

There was no flext.so in this list.  Perhaps you need to add the
directory containing libflext.so (or whatever it's called) to a new file
"/etc/ld.so.conf.d/flext.conf" (see the other files in that directory
for syntax) and run "sudo ldconfig -v" to update the system.

But see also the recent threads about Gem/msd/USE_CMEM, which might
provide an alternative solution.

Ah, and I just saw you got it working, but I'm sending this anyway in
case it's useful for some other reason.

Claude
--
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org