[flext] flext and pd.lib/libpd.a

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Aug 17 22:11:35 CEST 2011

Hi Patrick,
linking to libraries or executables works differently on Mac and
Windows.
On Windows, you need a .lib which contains the symbols actually
present in the Pd external. On a Mac this works differently with a
symbol lookup at dynamic link time.
Under Windows you'll always need the pd.lib to compile externals for
Pd. It should come with Pd, but there's also a way to generate it. I
forgot how, it's years since i did last touched a Windows computer.
Overall, this is totally unrelated to flext - it also applies to other
externals, respectively, plugins for applications.
gr~~~