[flext] autotools builders

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Mon Mar 21 09:31:07 CET 2011

hi thomas,

i've started working on autotools scripts for your flext libs using the
pool sript as a starting point. so far i've managed to get a working
builder for py/ext.

one thing i've noticed is that the autotools script for flext itself is
not building PIC code until the libtool stage, this is with --with-pic
and --enable-shared as configure options. what results is libraries with
relocation errors when other libs try to link against them (pool/py). i
can get around this by manually forcing:
   CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -fPIC -DPIC" ./configure && make
which works as advertised. haven't tracked down the source of this
problem, any ideas?

also i was wondering what the best way to sumbit my autotools code is,
can i request access to the grrrr.org svn?

i'm only able to test my scripts with a linux/pd machine, so it will
need to be tested against osx/pd and osx/max.

cheers,
dmotd