[flext] autotools builders - py/ext

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Fri Mar 25 15:59:17 CET 2011

On 03/26/2011 12:39 AM, Thomas Grill wrote:
> Great!! Many thanks for your efforts! I'll have a look at it on Wednesday.
> By the way, do you know how to integrate the autoconf scripts into the
> pd-extended build system?
> all the best, gr~~~

integration to extended-buildsys is really simple for autoconf, just a
few lines of script.

there's also currently a drive in the pd/linux camp for a split
pdextended with individual libraries packaged and distributed as
separated components, how this effects the extended buildsys is yet to
be determined but i know hans has put a bit of effort into this push too
as he's been looking for ways of reducing his load. obviously software
is distributed a little differently on mac and windows, but having
decent working autotools scripts will certainly not hurt!

i've been a fan of flext for years and i hope if it can be included in
extended etc. there will be a bit more cross pollenation between pd +
max communities (i know a lot of pd users have found the current build
process *too hard* aka *different*). thanks too for your efforts and
have a nice weekend!