[flext] Installation for amateurs

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Oct 4 22:02:25 CEST 2012

Am 04.10.2012 um 15:35 schrieb Spyros Potidews:

> Tried also with Pd-0.43-2
> May i ask what at the config file where do the paths "FLEXTPREFIX=/usr/local (line 15)
> and OUTPATH=pd-darwin (line 20) refer to?
> I can understand all the others and check that is ok (except the ***FLAGS at the end), and i don 't know weather do i have to change it, or not.

you don't have to change those settings
OUTPATH is the path where the binaries are built
FLEXTPREFIX is where the built binaries (and headers) are installed to - in the default case to /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include/flext

your errors below might arise from the fact that you have to install as superuser:
> bash build.sh pd gcc install
might not work.
Instead try
sudo bash build.sh pd gcc install