[flext] Basic question about ADDMETHOD

Martin Jaroszewicz temporum at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:02:38 UTC 2016

Dear forum,

I'm new to Flext, and haven't coded in C++ in a long time. I'm trying to
make the code below compile but get the following error:

error: reference to non-static member function must be called
FLEXT_ADDMETHOD_S(0,"read",m_read);

Also can someone clarify the difference between the two ways to register
methods (ADDMETHOD and CADDMETHOD) ? Does this have to do with passing
pointers as arguments (?). Code below
I'm trying to read a text file into a vector. This is the first step.

'''
#include <flext.h>

#if !defined(FLEXT_VERSION) || (FLEXT_VERSION < 400)
#error You need at least flext version 0.4.0
#endif

class hello:

public flext_base
{

FLEXT_HEADER(hello,flext_base)

public:

    hello();

protected:

    void m_read(t_symbol *argument);

private:

    FLEXT_CALLBACK_S(m_read)
};

FLEXT_NEW("hello",hello)

hello::hello() {

    AddInAnything();

    FLEXT_ADDMETHOD_S(0,"read",m_read);

}

void hello::m_read(t_symbol *argument) {
    post("reading argument: %s)",GetString(argument));

}
'''