[flext] Trying to compile gendy~ as a static library for iOS

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Mon Sep 11 10:59:35 CEST 2017

OK… answering my own question here, a better hacky solution to make flext compile for iOS is to comment out the Carbon.h include and undefined FLEXT_OS_MAC,like so:

#elif FLEXT_OS == FLEXT_OS_MAC
    #if FLEXT_OSAPI != FLEXT_OSAPI_MAC_MACH
        #include <MacMemory.h>
    #else
        #undef FLEXT_OS_MAC
//        #include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
    #endif
#endif

I think a better solution would actually be to rewrite flutil.cpp so that it doesn’t rely on deprecated APIs. memmove(), bzero and memset() are the recommend API calls by Apple.

Thomas are you happy for me to submit a PR that removes the calls to the MacMemory.h API ?

Jamie