[flext] Max text editor

Arshia Cont Arshia.Cont at ircam.fr
Mon Nov 16 18:23:56 CET 2009

Hi Thomas..

I'm on it (btw thanks for the CbClick()!). :)

I have two main problems:

(1) I do not seem to be able to use Max specific commands such as
object_new since they are internally used in Flext.. . Example:

m_editor = object_new(CLASS_NOBOX, gensym("jed"), this, 0);

gives: error: macro "object_new" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 1

(Flext version in flinternal.h)

(2) I need to add new methods to the object such as "edclose". How can
I do that? The usual max stuff (like above) give errors.. Is there an
internal Flext routine that I can overwrite? I tried
"addmess((method)edclose, "edclose", A_CANT, A_NULL);" but it doesn't
like it.

Arshia Cont