[flext] flext newbie needs help getting system running

Hannes Breitschädel hannes-b at gmx.at
Sat Jun 18 13:29:59 CEST 2011

Hi List!
I am a flext newbie and have been trying to build it with my system:
OSX 10.6.7
PD 0.42-5
XCode 4

my background:
unix newbie
Xcode newbie
10 years of professional experience with C and Windows

I read all available documentation and tried out a lot of things but unfortunately could not get it running.

Is there a simple step by step instruction available how to do it with this system?

some of the problems i faced:
- building flext.xcodeproj showed a build success, but there is no executable or library output file anywhere on my system
- building template.xcodeproj failed with linking: library not found for -lflext-pd_sd
- building with build.sh failed because it could not find m_pd.h (I tried a lot of things to define the path)
- autoconf failed with "path to system SDK headers required"
	it was not clear to me wheter osx sdk, pd sdk or flext sdk was ment here

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!!!
Best,
Hannes

D.I. Hannes Breitschädel