[flext] newbie has build problems on osx

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Mon Jun 20 23:33:13 CEST 2011

Hi Hannes,
i think there's something flawed with your system or your settings.
Please give some more info about how you tried to build flext including your config setting (e.g. buildsys/config-mac-pd-gcc.txt)

> 1) During compilation of "flbuf.cpp" I now get the error:
>
> 	#error Please upgrade your GNU compiler to one that supports __declspec.

Your gcc version is exactly the same as mine.
As a matter of fact __declspec is only used for Windows Visual C compilers, that is when _MSC_VER is defined.
Have you manually defined that symbol?

> 2) there are also a ton of "expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion" errors:
>
> for example:
> /Users/Hannes/flext_test/Pd-0.42.app/Contents/Resources/src/sched.h:142: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
> /Users/Hannes/flext_test/Pd-0.42.app/Contents/Resources/src/pthread.h:801: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token

OS X comes with its own pthread headers in /usr/include .
It's very strange that your Pd has those included - i guess it's a side-effect of an outdated version.
Try with Pd-0.42-6 or so.

all the best,
Thomas

--