[flext] flext newbie has build problems on osx

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Jun 21 21:56:09 CEST 2011

Hi Hannes,
there is something wrong with your compiler (resp. Xcode) installation.

> 3) I had to define some paths for the compiler:
> 	UFLAGS += -I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
> 	UFLAGS += -I/usr/llvm-gcc-4.2/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/include
> 	UFLAGS += -I/usr/include/c++/4.2.1/i686-apple-darwin10
> 	UFLAGS += -I/usr/include

These paths should absolutely be predefined on your system. Normally there's no need to do that by hand

> now compilation works. The linker throws this error:
> 	ld: library not found for -ldylib1.o

same with the above. This should be found in /usr/lib which is a standard system path for the linker.

> 4) I changed the flext source file "flutil.cpp" completely:
> 	removed:	#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
>
>  and reduced the following two functions to
> 	void flext::CopyMem(void *dst,const void *src,int bytes)
> 	{
> 	    memmove(dst,src,bytes);
> 	}
>
> 	void flext::ZeroMem(void *dst,int bytes)
> 	{
> 	    memset(dst,0,bytes);
> 	}

What is the reason for those changes?

It would also be interesting to know the reason for your previous problem with the __declspec qualifier.

all the best,
gr~~~