[flext] Ubuntu 12.04 Flext install issues

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Nov 5 21:42:17 UTC 2013

> So, I thought that it compiled properly, it was able to run without
> errors.  However, when I tried the two examples: ex-henon.pd and
> ex-myext.pd I ran into issues.
>
> ex-henon.pd opened but the console read:
>
> Incorrect number of arguements for henon fractal. Expecting 4 arguments.
> ex-henon.pd 2 0 7 1 (nbx->henon) connection failed
> ex-henon.pd 3 0 7 2 (nbx->henon) connection failed

Obviously the object is working, but the help file is buggy, with an
incorrect number of creation arguments to the object.

> And, myext wasn't able to be created.
> There were new Flext folders created(which makes me think it may have
compiled?) in:

>/usr/local/include  and
>/usr/local/lib

it's impossible to say anything about your myext with this information
provided. You might know better if there's a myext.pd_linux present or not.

> Ultimately, I'm also trying to get py running as well.  I was able to
create a py object, however, I received an error:

> ImportError: No module named numpy.core.multiarray.
>
> numpy is already installed. Is the error saying that numpy is working
except multiarray?

Yes. You might have two versions of python installed (like let's say 2.6
and 2.7), where numpy is installed for just one, but you compiled your
object for the other.

> I'm wondering if I'm still having Flext issues, and py issues are
dependent on it?

It seems that your flext issues are not related to the flext code, but to
user operation.

all the best,
Thomas

--