[flext] Ubuntu 12.04 Flext install issues

jonathan pivar jonathanpivar at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:19:52 CET 2013

Hello,

So, I thought that it compiled properly, it was able to run without errors.
 However, when I tried the two examples: ex-henon.pd and ex-myext.pd I ran
into issues.

ex-henon.pd opened but the console read:

Incorrect number of arguements for henon fractal. Expecting 4 arguments.
ex-henon.pd 2 0 7 1 (nbx->henon) connection failed
ex-henon.pd 3 0 7 2 (nbx->henon) connection failed

And, myext wasn't able to be created.

There were new Flext folders created(which makes me think it may have
compiled?) in:

/usr/local/include  and
/usr/local/lib

Ultimately, I'm also trying to get py running as well.  I was able to
create a py object, however, I received an error:

ImportError: No module named numpy.core.multiarray.

numpy is already installed. Is the error saying that numpy is working
except multiarray?

Also, when I open a py object's properties, it opens a window with
attribute initial value, current value, etc., however, doing anything, even
"leave" caused pd to get a bit wiggy.

I'm wondering if I'm still having Flext issues, and py issues are dependent
on it?

Thanks so much for walking me through this! And, for your continued
patience,

Jonathan