[flext] template-based flext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Apr 8 20:51:42 UTC 2015

Hi all,
i just pushed some code to the flext/template-rewrite branch on github.

This codebase enables the use of flext in a purely template-based manner, that is, without the necessity of static or shared flext libraries.

For Pd, the compilation of, e.g., xsample boils down to
g++ -arch i386 -bundle -bundle_loader $pd/bin/pd -D FLEXT_SYS=2 -D FLEXT_INLINE -D FLEXT_USE_CMEM -I $flext/source -I $pd/src  -o xsample.pd_darwin *.cpp

or, for Max
g++ -arch i386 -dynamiclib  -D FLEXT_SYS=1 -D FLEXT_INLINE -D FLEXT_USE_CMEM -I $flext/source -I $maxdsk/max-includes -I $maxdsk/msp-includes -framework MaxAPI -framework MaxAudioAPI -o xsample *.cpp

Find the source at
https://github.com/grrrr/flext/tree/template-rewrite

I have not been able to test under linux or Windows, there might still be some hidden bugs.
Please try it out and give feedback on github.

all the best,
Thomas

PS. I am thankful to Arshia Cont for the original idea of making flext template-based, and i am coming back to that a bit late, by some three or for years, that is....

--
Thomas Grill
http://grrrr.org