[flext] fluid~ and pd crash

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Tue Sep 28 14:07:26 CEST 2010

Hi Nick,
i'm not the author of fluid~ and i have never used it.
I guess you are referring to a difference between Pd-Extended and Pd-
Vanilla (Miller Puckette's Pd), right?
What version (header files) have you used for compilation? There are
subtle differences among Pd versions which can make them incompatible.
Also, it depends whether you compile a static or shared library
version (regarding the flext library) of the external.
I think (although i'm not sure) there are other library involved with
fluid~, so that one provided with Pd-extended might override a proper
one installed more globally in the system.
Any error message on the console? It's very hard to analyze what is
happening without more information.
gr~~~