[flext] how to force the use of gcc 4.2 ?

dev scrime scrime.dev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:52:12 CET 2011

Hello list,

I recently tried to compile a flext external on someone else's computer,
but strangely flext won't compile itself.
When calling build.sh to build flext, i got the following error :
#error Please upgrade your GNU compiler to one that supports __declspec
and it searches for files in /usr/include/c++/4.0.0/

That led me to suppose that the wrong version of gcc is called.
So I changed the symbolic link "gcc" in /usr/bin that pointed on gcc-4.0
and told him to point to gcc-4.2
I did the same with g++ in case, now it also points to g++-4.2.
But I still have exactly the same errors.

This happens on a recent macbook pro running os x leopard (10.5).
We downloaded the latest version of xcode that can be installed on 10.5,
that is to say version 3.1.