[flext] More on naming...

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Thu Apr 10 10:50:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

We've decided to change our naming convention from ml.* to ml-* so we can build our library as either a Max/Pd "library" or individual objects.

This presents a new problem:

- everything works under Max
- under Pd, we can use ml-* if we compile as a library
- if we compile as individual objects then Pd throws an error of the form "load_object: Symbol "setup_ml0x2dsvm" not found"

I did some investigation and if I create a normal Pd external (not using Flext), I can rename the setup function to "setup_ml0x2dsvm" and it does indeed work.

So my question is: is there any way to achieve this trick with Flext?

Jamie