[flext] Period in object class name?

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Thu Mar 13 09:05:21 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to come back on this one, but my client is unhappy about distributing a library of externals in "lib" form. The reason is that in Max, users are very unfamiliar with the "lib" concept and almost all libraries are distributed as a set of individual externals. It seems a bit ugly to move to an ml_* prefix instead of ml.* just because Flext doesn't support having a period in the class name for objects.

Do you think it would take much work to change this behaviour in Flext so that "." is supported in regular object names? I'd be happy to take a stab at this if you could give me some pointers as to where to start.

Jamie