[flext] Period in object class name?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Mar 13 09:14:16 UTC 2014

Hi Jamie,
the reason for the limitation is that Pd does support names with "special"
characters only with an HTML-like encoding of the filename. (e.g. %2c for a
dot) To support this, a quite different approach to the definition of the
names would be required in flext.
I am totally convinced why a lib should be a problem. The distributed
external library can come as a new-style Max package with alias definitions
for the individual objects, so that this becomes totally transparent to the
user.
gr~~~

--
Thomas Grill