[flext] template-based flext

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu May 7 15:01:57 UTC 2015

Hi Jamie,
thanks for letting us know!
Actually, there are still problems with threaded builds, that’s why i haven’t merged the branch back to master yet.
Indeed, i think that standard memory allocation on modern systems should be usable in „real-time“ systems. Pure data doesn’t bother to use anything else, it’s only Max in older versions that had a specially reserved memory pool. I don’t think it still has.
best, Thomas