[flext] building an external with XCode

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Mar 3 11:57:35 CET 2011

> yes, probably i mixed up some basic concepts. I first tried to
> follow the instructions to build and install flext from the terminal
> in the intro pdf:
> http://puredata.info/Members/thomas/flext-intro.pdf
>
> but i guess this is not necessary when working with Xcode? What i
> was trying to do now is to modify the .xcodeproj file to leave just
> one source file to have a template where i can replace the .cpp file
> each time i want to build a new external (like in Max SDK)

exactly, Xcode and the flext build system are orthogonal approaches,
both being self-consistent and unrelated to each other

> the error i am receiving is when precompiling the flext.h file:
> #warning Building for Intel with Mac OS X Deployment Target < 10.4
> is invalid.
>
> i am using Mac OSX 10.6.6 with Xcode 3.2.2 and Max SDK 5.1.7

You'll have to adjust the build settings accordingly.
It is definitely useful to become familiar with the xcode system
first, e.g. with building less complex projects and then try to build
flext or flext-based externals.

gr~~~